- 1 How many calories in a portion of fried rice from a Chinese takeaway?
- 2 Is Chinese chicken fried rice bad for you?
- 3 Is Chinese fried rice high in calories?
- 4 What Chinese takeaway has the least calories?
- 5 Is egg fried rice high in calories?
- 6 Can I eat fried rice on a diet?
- 7 Is fried rice high in carbs?
- 8 How calories should I eat to maintain my weight?
- 9 Why Chinese food is bad for you?
- 10 What is healthiest Chinese food to order?
- 11 What can you not order at a Chinese restaurant?
- 12 Does fried rice make you gain weight?
- 13 Is chicken fried rice high in calories?
- 14 Which is more fattening fried rice or French fries?
How many calories in a portion of fried rice from a Chinese takeaway?
An average portion of egg fried rice contains 727 calories. A TYPICAL Chinese takeaway meal of vegetable spring rolls, sweet and sour chicken and a portion of egg fried rice clocks up a whopping 2,184 calories — more energy than an average adult should consume in an entire day.
Is Chinese chicken fried rice bad for you?
Fried rice is undeniably bad for you, setting you back 450 calories and 14 grams of fat. Brown rise is better, with only 215 calories and a generous 3.5 grams of fiber per cup. But even though it’s trendy to avoid white rice because it’s a high-glycemic carb, it’s not so bad.
Is Chinese fried rice high in calories?
Fried Rice Calories and Fat According to the USDA, a standard 1-cup serving of fried rice from a Chinese food restaurant contains 7 grams of fat and 180 calories. National Chinese restaurant chain Panda Express lists the total fat content of their fried rice side dish at 16 grams.
What Chinese takeaway has the least calories?
Clear varieties contain the fewest calories –hot and sour has just 80. But even crab or chicken and sweetcorn soup come in at a reasonable 170 calories. Choose main dishes made with beef, chicken or prawns (that aren’t battered or fried).
Is egg fried rice high in calories?
Normally egg fried rice is packed with unhealthy calories from tons of cooking oil. However, this healthy version is much better for you and the egg adds protein, vitamins, and nutrients. Eggs can be a great part of a healthy diet and are a good source of protein as well as tons of nutrients.
Can I eat fried rice on a diet?
Not necessarily. Rice is also low in fat, is an easily digestible, gluten-free grain that offers a number of B vitamins as well. So you may want to re-consider banning it completely from your diet. You do need to be careful while consuming rice on a weight loss diet.
Is fried rice high in carbs?
One cup (166 grams) of vegetarian fried rice contains ( 5 ): Calories: 289. Protein: 6 grams. Carbs: 54 grams.
How calories should I eat to maintain my weight?
As a guide, men need around 2,500kcal (10,500kJ) a day to maintain a healthy body weight, and women need around 2,000kcal a day (8,400kJ).
Why Chinese food is bad for you?
Chinese food can be high in sodium, sugar, and trans fats Some specialties also contain monosodium glutamate (MSG), a potentially harmful food additive (via the Mayo Clinic). Any of these ingredients can harm your health when consumed in excess.
What is healthiest Chinese food to order?
13 Healthiest Chinese Food Takeout Options
- Steamed dumplings. Dumplings offered at a Chinese restaurant are pockets of dough filled with seasoned meat and vegetables, usually pork and cabbage.
- Hot and sour soup or egg drop soup.
- Moo goo gai pan.
- Beef and broccoli.
- Chop suey.
- Chicken and broccoli.
- Baked salmon.
- Happy family.
What can you not order at a Chinese restaurant?
Things You Should Never Order From A Chinese Restaurant
- Fried rice. Shutterstock.
- Sweet-and-sour chicken. Shutterstock.
- Crab rangoon. Shutterstock.
- Egg rolls. Shutterstock.
- Orange beef. Shutterstock.
- Lemon chicken. Shutterstock.
- Shrimp toast. Shutterstock.
- Anything with crab. Shutterstock.
Does fried rice make you gain weight?
Some studies show that a dietary pattern high in refined grains like white rice can lead to weight gain and obesity, while a few other studies have found no connection between the consumption of white rice and obesity. In fact, white rice was linked with weight loss.
Is chicken fried rice high in calories?
According to the USDA, chicken fried rice calories clock in at 220 per cup. Based on a 2,000 calorie per day diet, this is is 11 percent of your caloric needs. Only 6 percent chicken fried rice calories are from fat. One cup contains 1.5 grams of total fat.
Which is more fattening fried rice or French fries?
Both white rice and fries are high in calories. Fry has 140% more calories than white rice – white rice has 130 calories per 100 grams and fry has 312 calories. For macronutrient ratios, white rice is heavier in protein, much heavier in carbs and much lighter in fat compared to fries per calorie.