- 1 How do you make Thai chicken fried rice?
- 2 How do you make holy basil fried rice?
- 3 How is Thai fried rice different?
- 4 How do you make chicken stir fry with basil?
- 5 Is Thai fried rice unhealthy?
- 6 Is Thai rice sticky?
- 7 What is Italian basil?
- 8 What is Thai basil sauce?
- 9 How do you take care of Thai basil?
- 10 Can you lose weight eating Thai food?
- 11 Is Thai food healthier than Chinese food?
- 12 Does Thai fried rice taste different than Chinese?
- 13 What can I use instead of Thai basil?
- 14 What do I do with all this basil?
- 15 What do you use purple basil for?
How do you make Thai chicken fried rice?
- 8 oz chicken breast, cut in 1/2 inch cubes.
- kosher salt and pepper.
- 4 tsp vegetable oil.
- 3 cups cooked brown jasmine rice.
- 1/2 large onion, chopped.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 scallions, chopped.
- 3 egg whites, beaten.
How do you make holy basil fried rice?
Holy Basil Fried Rice | Khao Pad Gaprow | ข้าวผัดกระเพรา
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely.
- 2 red Thai chili peppers chopped finely.
- 1/2 cup pork chopped coarsely.
- 1/2 cup Thai holy basil leaves.
- 1/4 cup Chinese long beans cut into 1″ pieces.
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce.
- 1 teaspoon thick black soy sauce.
- 2 teaspoons thin soy sauce.
How is Thai fried rice different?
It is different from Chinese fried rice in that it is prepared with jasmine rice rather than regular long grain rice. Like Chinese fried rice, Thai fried rice does contain scrambled egg, but the egg is mixed in with the rice while still slightly runny, coating the rice grains and creating an incredibly creamy dish.
How do you make chicken stir fry with basil?
- In a wok over high heat, add the oil, chilies, shallots and garlic, and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, breaking up the chicken into small bits.
- Add the sugar, soy sauce, and fish sauce.
- Add the basil, and stir-fry until wilted.
Is Thai fried rice unhealthy?
This may be one you reach for, just because of the familiarity of its name, but Thai fried rice is just as bad for you as the Chinese version. High in fat content and calories, it is a dish defined by its greasy nature.
Is Thai rice sticky?
In Thai, sticky rice is called khao neow (ข้าวเหนียว), which literally means rice sticky. Sticky rice is a type of rice that is extremely sticky – in fact when you pick it up with your fingers, it will stick to your fingers.
What is Italian basil?
Italian basil is not a real cultivar (by cultivar I mean “cultural variety”) of basil. “Italian basil” a general term for the types of basil that may be used in Italian cooking. The two types of basil cultivars that are used in Italian cooking include Sweet Basil, the most common cultivar, and Genovese Basil.
What is Thai basil sauce?
Quick-frying the basil-garlic purée with rice wine brings out the fragrance of the herb and mellows the sharpest notes of raw garlic without completely muting them. The result is a savory, aromatic, licorice-scented green sauce that clings perfectly to wide noodles.
How do you take care of Thai basil?
Thai basil plants need at least six hours of direct sunlight to flourish. Water weekly but keep the water off the leaves; water from the base. Over-watering will cause the leaves to yellow and drop, and under-watering will make flowers and buds suffer, so it is important to attain a balance when watering Thai basil.
Can you lose weight eating Thai food?
Thai food is fairly healthy and good for weight loss. In fact, many Westerners tend to lose between 3% and 5% of their body weight in 1-2 months if they switch from Western foods to Thai foods.
Is Thai food healthier than Chinese food?
Thai food is often healthier than Chinese food. Thai food puts a focus on balance and variety. They are often light and the aromas are just as important as the taste of the food. Thai food uses less heavy sauces and oils than Chinese food uses that are healthier for you, if any oil at all.
Does Thai fried rice taste different than Chinese?
The major differences is that Thai fried rice is flavored with fish sauce, and the main flavoring agent in Chinese fried rice is soy sauce. Chinese fried rice also often contains more vegetables.
What can I use instead of Thai basil?
Can You Substitute Sweet Basil for Thai Basil? Sweet basil can work in place of Thai basil in a pinch, but you will lose the kick that Thai basil brings to any dish. Supplementing with other fresh herbs like mint or cilantro can help make up for some of that flavor loss.
What do I do with all this basil?
Here are some other everyday ways to use it:
- Top whole leaves onto pizza.
- Finish pasta with whole or thinly sliced leaves.
- Blend it into sauces.
- Puree it into soups.
- Chop it up to add to a salad.
- Use it to garnish avocado toast.
- Turn it into an ice cream topping!
What do you use purple basil for?
Purple Basil leaves have a beautiful, coppery glow and clove-like, slightly spicy flavour. Use them in salads, for pesto or preserved in oils and vinegars.