- 1 How do you make holy basil fried rice?
- 2 How do you make chicken stir-fry with basil?
- 3 How do you make Thai chicken fried rice?
- 4 How do you make stir-fry with basil?
- 5 What is Italian basil?
- 6 Is Thai fried rice healthy?
- 7 What do I do with all this basil?
- 8 Can I use normal basil instead of Thai basil?
- 9 What do you use purple basil for?
- 10 What’s the difference between Thai fried rice and Chinese fried rice?
- 11 Can jasmine rice be used for fried rice?
- 12 Is fried rice healthy?
- 13 What can replace Thai basil?
- 14 Is Thai basil the same as Tulsi?
- 15 What can I do with Tulsi basil?
How do you make holy basil fried rice?
Holy Basil Fried Rice | Khao Pad Gaprow | ข้าวผัดกระเพรา
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely.
- 2 red Thai chili peppers chopped finely.
- 1/2 cup pork chopped coarsely.
- 1/2 cup Thai holy basil leaves.
- 1/4 cup Chinese long beans cut into 1″ pieces.
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce.
- 1 teaspoon thick black soy sauce.
- 2 teaspoons thin soy sauce.
How do you make chicken stir-fry with basil?
- In a wok over high heat, add the oil, chilies, shallots and garlic, and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the ground chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, breaking up the chicken into small bits.
- Add the sugar, soy sauce, and fish sauce.
- Add the basil, and stir-fry until wilted.
How do you make Thai chicken fried rice?
- 8 oz chicken breast, cut in 1/2 inch cubes.
- kosher salt and pepper.
- 4 tsp vegetable oil.
- 3 cups cooked brown jasmine rice.
- 1/2 large onion, chopped.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 scallions, chopped.
- 3 egg whites, beaten.
How do you make stir-fry with basil?
- In a wok over medium high heat, add the oil, shallots and garlic, and fry for 3 minutes. Add the chilies and cook for another minute.
- Add the sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Stir-fry for another minute and deglaze the pan with the broth or water.
What is Italian basil?
Italian basil is not a real cultivar (by cultivar I mean “cultural variety”) of basil. “Italian basil” a general term for the types of basil that may be used in Italian cooking. The two types of basil cultivars that are used in Italian cooking include Sweet Basil, the most common cultivar, and Genovese Basil.
Is Thai fried rice healthy?
This may be one you reach for, just because of the familiarity of its name, but Thai fried rice is just as bad for you as the Chinese version. High in fat content and calories, it is a dish defined by its greasy nature.
What do I do with all this basil?
Here are some other everyday ways to use it:
- Top whole leaves onto pizza.
- Finish pasta with whole or thinly sliced leaves.
- Blend it into sauces.
- Puree it into soups.
- Chop it up to add to a salad.
- Use it to garnish avocado toast.
- Turn it into an ice cream topping!
Can I use normal basil instead of Thai basil?
No Thai Basil? No problem! Some recipes call for Thai basil, a pungent variety that can be hard to find in grocery stores. To duplicate its flavor, use common “Italian” basil and add a few fresh mint sprigs to the recipe.
What do you use purple basil for?
Purple Basil leaves have a beautiful, coppery glow and clove-like, slightly spicy flavour. Use them in salads, for pesto or preserved in oils and vinegars.
What’s the difference between Thai fried rice and Chinese fried rice?
It is different from Chinese fried rice in that it is prepared with jasmine rice rather than regular long grain rice. Like Chinese fried rice, Thai fried rice does contain scrambled egg, but the egg is mixed in with the rice while still slightly runny, coating the rice grains and creating an incredibly creamy dish.
Can jasmine rice be used for fried rice?
Fried rice recipes typically call for Chinese-style medium-grain rice, though Thai-style versions use fragrant jasmine, and Japanese-style fried rice can even be made with short-grain sushi rice. Jasmine rice brings its own aroma to the game, so should be used in very light stir-fries where its flavor can shine.
Is fried rice healthy?
Healthy Fried Rice is just as good as the original This is also such a good way to use up any cooked brown rice you have leftover from other dishes. This dish is full of healthy fiber, protein, good fat, and good carbs, and is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
What can replace Thai basil?
Can You Substitute Sweet Basil for Thai Basil? Sweet basil can work in place of Thai basil in a pinch, but you will lose the kick that Thai basil brings to any dish. Supplementing with other fresh herbs like mint or cilantro can help make up for some of that flavor loss.
Is Thai basil the same as Tulsi?
It is also known as Thai holy basil or by its Indian name, tulasi or tulsi; it is widely used in India for culinary, medicinal, and religious purposes.
What can I do with Tulsi basil?
7 Ways to Use Tulsi Everyday
- As an Adaptogenic Tea. Tulsi is considered to have mild adaptogenic properties and can be enjoyed daily as a tea.
- As a House Protector.
- As a Mouthwash.
- As a Brain Tonic.
- As an Infused Ghee or Honey.
- As a Fresh Juice.
- By Eating the Fresh Leaves.