- 1 What goes good with just rice?
- 2 How do you add flavor to cooked rice?
- 3 Can you use just cooked rice for fried rice?
- 4 What is a good side dish for chicken fried rice?
- 5 What can you add to plain white rice?
- 6 What to add to brown rice to make it taste better?
- 7 What is a good seasoning to add to rice?
- 8 How do you flavor already cooked white rice?
- 9 How do you keep fried rice from getting mushy?
- 10 How do you dry rice for fried rice fast?
- 11 What kind of rice do Chinese restaurants use for fried rice?
- 12 What side goes with fried rice?
- 13 What protein goes with fried rice?
- 14 What goes well with white rice?
What goes good with just rice?
Here are just a few of my best ideas, but the list certainly doesn’t end here!
- Butter and parmesan cheese.
- Toasted sesame seeds.
- Creamy gravy.
- Cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sauteed garlic, mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.
- Broccoli flowerets and cheese.
- Toasted peanuts or cashews.
How do you add flavor to cooked rice?
One of my favorite ways to add flavor to rice is by either using a cooking liquid other than water (bouillon or broth is an easy alternative), or by stirring in some fresh herbs, dried fruit, peas, nuts, or other flavor and color boosters.
Can you use just cooked rice for fried rice?
Fried rice is a great way to use up leftovers, but there’s no reason you can’t use a batch of freshly cooked white rice instead. This recipe produces vegetable-studded fried rice with individual grains, lightly seasoned to allow the flavor of the rice to shine.
What is a good side dish for chicken fried rice?
From egg drop soup to Chinese dumplings, here are 13 of the best side dishes to serve with fried rice.
- Fried Egg.
- Egg Drop Soup.
- Chicken Teriyaki.
- Hot and Sour Soup.
- Chinese Dumplings.
- Egg Rolls.
- Sesame Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
What can you add to plain white rice?
15 Thirty-Second Ways to Jazz Up Plain Rice
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of butter.
- Stir in a tablespoon or more of olive oil.
- Drizzle with soy sauce.
- Add lots of pepper.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons minced fresh herbs, ideally warmed first in melted butter.
What to add to brown rice to make it taste better?
15 Easy Ways to Season Brown Rice
- Add in Garlic salt – So easy and really bumps up the flavor.
- Add in a bouillon cube or granules when you cook the rice for extra flavor.
- Mix in some salsa and some cumin for a tex-mex taste.
- Add an egg and fry it for a healthier fried rice.
What is a good seasoning to add to rice?
If you want something a bit more unique, try cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, or a combination of the three. Together, earthy cumin, floral cardamom, and warm cinnamon can infuse your rice with traditional Indian character. To take things up a notch, Spiceography suggests frying the spices in oil first.
How do you flavor already cooked white rice?
Combine your pre-cooked rice with some fresh parsley or other herbs, and boil in some water with lemon juice and olive oil. For extra tangy dolmas, drizzle them with a bit of fresh lemon juice, just before serving.
How do you keep fried rice from getting mushy?
Use cold, leftover cooked rice. Left in the fridge overnight, the rice grains will firm up, making it easier to separate and decreasing the chances of your fried rice turning out mushy. If you can’t wait, air freshly cooked rice to remove moisture and refrigerate the rice for a few hours before cooking.
How do you dry rice for fried rice fast?
for the quick way lay out the rice in a thin layer on the counter with a baking sheet or some other material. let it sit for about 30 minutes. then portion the rice and freeze in a zip-lock for a few hours.
What kind of rice do Chinese restaurants use for fried rice?
Medium-grain white rice: The variety you’ll most commonly see in Chinese restaurants. Like jasmine, medium rice grains boast a great balance: They’re strong individuals, but also good team players. White rice has less of a floral aroma than jasmine, which makes it a little more versatile.
What side goes with fried rice?
Try steamed or roasted broccoli, brussels sprouts, or green beans. Or do a quick stir fry of zucchini, onions, mushrooms, carrots etc. Season with garlic and soy sauce.
What protein goes with fried rice?
What To Serve With Fried Rice:
- Egg Drop Soup or Hot and Sour Soup.
- 12-Minute Chicken & Broccoli.
- 20-Minute Moo Shu Pork (or Chicken)
- Beef & Broccoli.
- Thai Basil Chicken.
- Sesame Noodles with Broccoli and Almonds.
- Black Pepper Chicken.
What goes well with white rice?
White Rice pairs well with
- Onions 2,532 recipes best choice.
- Broth, Chicken 1,308 recipes best choice.
- Saffron 61 recipes best choice.
- Bell Peppers, Green 743 recipes.
- Garlic 1,753 recipes.
- Scallions 864 recipes.
- Soy Sauce / Tamari 699 recipes.
- Chicken Breast 677 recipes.