- 1 Do grocery stores sell sour mix?
- 2 What can you use instead of sweet and sour mix?
- 3 Is sour mix the same as sweet and sour mix?
- 4 Does Walmart sell whiskey sour mix?
- 5 Can I use lemonade instead of sour mix?
- 6 Does unopened sweet and sour mix go bad?
- 7 Does sour mix have to be refrigerated?
- 8 What does drink sour mean?
- 9 What is sour mix made of?
- 10 What whiskey is best for whiskey sour?
Do grocery stores sell sour mix?
There are lots of commercial sweet and sour mixes available for purchase in grocery stores and where liquor is sold. Many drink recipes ask for a sweet and sour mix.
What can you use instead of sweet and sour mix?
What is a good substitute for sweet and sour mix?
- Juices – lemonade, limeade, margarita mix, orange juice + pineapple juice with no simple syrup.
- Sodas – lemon-lime soda + ginger ale and a splash of lemon or lime juice.
Is sour mix the same as sweet and sour mix?
Sour mix (also known as sweet and sour mix) is a mixer that is yellow-green in color and is used in many cocktails. It is made from approximately equal parts lemon and/or lime juice and simple syrup and shaken vigorously with ice.
Does Walmart sell whiskey sour mix?
Mr & Mrs T Whiskey Sour Mix, 1 L bottle – Walmart.com.
Can I use lemonade instead of sour mix?
To mimic sour mix’s sweet and tart flavors, it’s best to go to the source with either lemon or lime juice. Juice-based products, like lemonade, limeade and margarita mix, will also work well as substitutes — if the finished drinks are too sweet, add another splash of fresh lemon or lime juice.
Does unopened sweet and sour mix go bad?
Properly stored, unopened whisky sour mix will generally stay at best quality for about 12 to 18 months when stored at room temperature, although it will usually remain safe to drink after that. If whisky sour mix develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded.
Does sour mix have to be refrigerated?
The precise answer depends to a large extent on storage conditions — keep opened whiskey sour mix refrigerated and tightly closed. Whiskey sour mix that has been continuously refrigerated will keep at best quality for about 4 to 6 months after opening.
What does drink sour mean?
A sour is a traditional family of mixed drinks. Sours belong to one of the old families of original cocktails and are described by Jerry Thomas in his 1862 book How to Mix Drinks. Sours are mixed drinks containing a base liquor, lemon or lime juice, and a sweetener (simple syrup or orgeat syrup).
What is sour mix made of?
Sour mix is a combination of sugar, water, lemons, and limes. One homemade batch can give you a whole party’s worth of margaritas, whiskey sours, or daiquiris without much effort. A bottle of sour mix may call you from the store shelf with a siren song of good times and an easy-pour spout.
What whiskey is best for whiskey sour?
The 9 Best Whiskeys for Whiskey Sours in 2021
- Best Bourbon: Old Elk Blended Straight Bourbon.
- Best Rye: Rittenhouse.
- Best Flavored: Traverse City American Cherry Edition.
- Best Irish: Knappogue Castle 12 Year Single Malt.
- Best Tennessee: Jack Daniel’s Gentleman Jack.
- Best Canadian: Lot 40 Rye Whisky.