- 1 Is sour mix the same as sweet and sour mix?
- 2 Does sweet and sour mix go bad?
- 3 What makes a sour cocktail?
- 4 What is the difference between sour mix and margarita mix?
- 5 Do you have to refrigerate sour mix?
- 6 What can be used in place of Triple Sec?
- 7 Does Triple Sec need to be refrigerated?
- 8 Does Skinny Girl Margarita go bad?
- 9 Is whiskey sour a girly drink?
- 10 What type of juice is used when making a broke back sour?
- 11 What is a good cocktail?
- 12 Can someone under 21 buy margarita mix?
- 13 What is triple sec syrup?
- 14 How long does simple syrup last?
Is sour mix the same as sweet and sour mix?
Sour mix (also known as sweet and sour mix) is a mixer that is yellow-green in color and is used in many cocktails. It is made from approximately equal parts lemon and/or lime juice and simple syrup and shaken vigorously with ice.
Does sweet and sour mix go bad?
Properly stored, unopened whisky sour mix will generally stay at best quality for about 12 to 18 months when stored at room temperature, although it will usually remain safe to drink after that. If whisky sour mix develops an off odor, flavor or appearance, it should be discarded.
What makes a sour cocktail?
A sour is a traditional family of mixed drinks. Sours are mixed drinks containing a base liquor, lemon or lime juice, and a sweetener (simple syrup or orgeat syrup). Egg whites are also included in some sours.
What is the difference between sour mix and margarita mix?
Is margarita mix and sweet and sour mix the same? More or less, yes. Both are a type of sour mix, but margarita mix is typically lime only. I’ve seen sweet and sour mix and margarita mix used interchangeably on the regular.
Do you have to refrigerate sour mix?
The precise answer depends to a large extent on storage conditions — keep opened whiskey sour mix refrigerated and tightly closed. If the whiskey sour mix develops an off odor, flavor or appearance it should be discarded.
What can be used in place of Triple Sec?
Best Triple Sec substitute
- Cointreau. The best Triple Sec substitute? Cointreau. In fact, Cointreau is considered a type of triple sec style orange liqueur.
- Grand Marnier. Another great Triple Sec substitute? Grand Marnier.
- Orange Curaçao. A final Triple Sec substitute? Orange Curaçao.
Does Triple Sec need to be refrigerated?
Triple sec should be stored the same way you store hard liquors. Keep them in a cool and dry area, away from sunlight and sources of heat. There is no need to refrigerate your triple sec unless you’d prefer to drink it chilled.
Does Skinny Girl Margarita go bad?
Ready-to-drink margaritas that have been continuously refrigerated will typically keep at best quality for about 4 to 6 months after opening. If the ready-to-drink margaritas develop an off odor, flavor or appearance they should be discarded.
Is whiskey sour a girly drink?
Whiskey Sour The name alone takes the cake for ranking among the top manly drinks. A concoction of whiskey and lemon and maybe sugar for the beginners. Not the biggest and baddest of drinks for men, but this can be a refreshing for the summer that is sure to add some bass to your tone when you order the next round.
What type of juice is used when making a broke back sour?
In a shaker, combine lemonade, peaches, bourbon, and amaretto. Fill with ice, and shake vigorously for few seconds. Transfer to a highball glass (do not strain).
What is a good cocktail?
Top 10 most popular cocktail recipes
- Mojito. A minty mojito is the perfect drink for a hot summer’s afternoon.
- Espresso martini. For coffee lovers everywhere, the espresso martini is the caffeinated cocktail of choice.
- Passion fruit martini.
- Piña colada.
- Frozen strawberry daiquiri.
- Rum punch.
Can someone under 21 buy margarita mix?
A drink mix usually does not contain alcohol, in which case you are legally allowed to purchase it. Many alcohol shops make it a policy to refuse all sales to minors, however. In some cases, they might also refuse to sell a margarita mix if you have a minor with you.
What is triple sec syrup?
One of MONIN’s virgin range of flavours, Triple Sec Curaçao syrup is the non-alcoholic version of the famous bittersweet orange liqueur. Made from dried peels of bitter and sweet orange, Triple sec is an orange-flavoured liqueur, which was originally made in France in the mid-nineteenth century.
How long does simple syrup last?
Simple syrup (1:1 ratio of sugar to water) will only stay good for about a month. But rich simple syrup, made from a 2:1 ratio of sugar to water, will last about six months before becoming cloudy.